Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Empty Topic Tags

• travis.hill
    Participant

@travishill

I’m noticing an abundance of “Empty Topic Tags” from within the dashboard. The problem is, there shouldn’t be.

I’m a tagger. I tag everything. It seems when a new reply is made, tags are removed if no (new) tags are input into the textbox. Is anyone else having this issue?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This is a new one. The topic tags are updated on each reply with the contents of the input box. This is by design but will only result in empty tags if you reply to a topic with the tags input empty, so that forum members can self-police them. They are replaced as easily as they are deleted.

One current drawback is if you trash or spam a topic, it could leave empty tags behind. I’d maybe open a ticket for it, and I can look into it further. Right now I can’t reproduce the bug, but that doesnt mean it isn’t one. :)

c0cc0bill
    Participant

@c0cc0bill

When I update the topic to form, the tags of the topic losses associated with topics.

When I update the replies from the dashboard, the reply losses associated with topic (the topic remains intact but the attribute is “no topic”)

travis.hill
    Participant

@travishill

@JohnJamesJacoby – OK, that makes sense, because that’s what was happening.

Upon replying to a topic, the tags input box was being pre-populated with existing tags. I thought I could go in and wipe them out (of the box), input my own “new” tags, and all tags would append to a topic.

Not the case, eh?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Correct. You are essentially moderating and deleting all of the tags manually.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar