Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Doing Integration, can’t login in bbpress

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What version bbPress and WordPress are you using?

wordpress 2.5.1

bbpress 0.9.0.2

Have I used the wrong version of bbpress?

Is there a file I can ftp down and alter so that we can get working again? How do people get around this brick wall?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Those versions are compatible, so I don’t think that is the cause of your problem.

Does the table it is complaining about, ‘addiva_bbpress.wp_users’ actually exist, or no?

No, it doesn’t exist.

I take it there is no quick fix to get out of this dilemna? I don’t understand why, but now we are also unable to log into our word press blog.

My plan is to uninstill bbpress, then attempt to install it to the wordpress database. I’m on the road now and won’t have an opportunity to do this till tomorrow. If anybody knows of a quick fix to get our wordpress blog working, it would be great.

Is there a problem with your wordpress install too?

To fix bbpress, you need phpmyadmin or a similar tool. Login, go to your bbpress database. Not certain what it’s like on 0.9, but you probably need to go to the bb_topicmeta table and perform a search (or browse through) to find a record where the meta_key is wp_table_prefix. Try deleting that record. Without that setting I think bb would look for its own users again.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar