Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Display all forums

• yanks789
    Participant

@yanks789

I’m trying to display all categories and forums on one page, similar to this site. I like how it has the Category header, then the forum with forum details below it (topics, posts, last post). I know it will display if I view a single category, but can’t find a way to display all on one page. I tried [bbp-forum-index] but the layout is more like a sitemap.

My site is here and I really do not want to have to modify the CCS to make everything display like the example.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Unfortunately it’s css and php files that you will need to amend

Quickest change would be to add the following to your style.css

#bbpress-forums .bbp-forums-list li {
    display: list-item !important;
    font-size: 11px;
    }

or to amend the display line in wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/css/bbpress.css line 121

That’ll get your list vertical.

Add descriptions to your forums (dashboard>forums>edit and put something in content) and you’ll have the next part.

Then if you want to alter the display, you’ll need to look at loop-single-forum.php

or the main forum display loop-forums.php

Adding this to your themes functions.php will also get your list verticle 😉

function your_custom_bbp_list_forums() {
      $args['separator'] = '<br />';

return $args;
    }

add_filter('bbp_before_list_forums_parse_args', 'your_custom_bbp_list_forums' );

vkymunir
    Participant

@vkymunir

I do not know how to show the forum on my website. Please help me.. website is available here

Robin W

@robin-w

Vkymunir, you should really start your own topic, but as you’ve posted here, go to the following link

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar