Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Database Upgrade Issues

• citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

When I moved to a new host (Media Temple), I also upgraded to RC1. I skipped RC2 and I’m currently running RC3.

Ever since I switched, I have had three occasions in which bbPress informed me that I needed to upgrade the database. I get this message when I go to the admin panel. Fist I notice that certain plugins aren’t activated (which were activated previously), and so I go to the admin panel and get the upgrade massage.

Here are the upgrade messages:

Beginning upgradeā€¦

Tags copied to taxonomy tables: bb_upgrade_1080

Display names populated: bb_upgrade_1090

Index forum_stickies dropped: bb_upgrade_1100

>>> Done

Is this a problem with my host? A bbPress bug? Hacking? Could it be related to my recount problem (see my previous post for info)?

Thanks in advance…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

And now I posted and got this message:

Database error: [Out of memory (Needed 2093072 bytes)]

SELECT DISTINCT poster_id FROM bb_posts WHERE topic_id = ‘271’ AND post_status = ‘0’;

Caller: bb_new_post, bb_insert_post

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c04/h04/mnt/68418/domains/mydomain.com/html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php:569) in /nfs/c04/h04/mnt/68418/domains/mydomain.com/html/forums/bb-includes/functions.bb-pluggable.php on line 226

I am also on MediaTemple. Do you have a dedicated server, or are you on the grid?

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

I’m using the grid.

I opened a ticket with MT, so I’ll report back with their response.

Ah ok. We’re using a dedicated server…

This post reported that MT grid uses NFS, which supposedly isn’t good for bbPress?

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/mysql_connect-cant-connect-through-socket

I used MT grid for a long time and had a lot of problems. But it could’ve been their growing pains, which I hear they’ve grown past. We’ve had a great experience with their dedicated servers, although it’s a totally different setup.

That topic also mentioned a tweak that the user made just for the 1.0 alpha on the MT grid – dunno if that would help at all, but thought I’d share the link anyway.

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

Thanks John, I’ll check it out.

MT reported back saying they could not recreate the problem. They ran some tests but came up empty.

citizenkeith: did you ever resolve your issue?

I’m having similar (DB connection…DB upgrade requests) and I’m on MT GS, trying to upgrade from 0.9 to 1.0.2

Upgrade Errors: It looks like your database is out-of-date.

Just looking for some extra information before I wipe out the 1.0 install dir and try again clean from the top.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar