Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom Forum (Main Forum Page) Please Help

• Darren1981
    Participant

@darren1981

Hey all..

Rather new to BBpress.. Now what i want to do seems so easy with other forum software so i don’t see why i am struggling to get my head around this.. Anyways what i want to do is this:

– mysite.com <– Showing a few "Latest news" posts and other custom stuff including "Recent Forum Topics" etc etc
    – mysite.com/forums/ <– Custom Forum Page, basically i want to display several forums under a few different "Forum Categories" like using a header image / background for each different category

I would also like to use forum icons.. (not really worried about "Topic Icons") I basically want a layout that looks like the following:

=================================
    Category Title #1
    [Forum Icon] | [Forum Name] | [Number of Forum Topics] | [Number of Forum Views]
    [Forum Icon] | [Forum Name] | [Number of Forum Topics] | [Number of Forum Views]
    Category Title #2
    Category Title #3

Sorry for the lack of detail lol.. Anyways… What is the best way to create a custom forum page like displayed above ?? What template should i edit as the main /forums/ Template ??

Really do appreciate any assistance on this one.. I am even willing to release a complete WP with full BBpress support if anyone can help me get this configured as i need / as stated above.. If any exp BBpress coders can assist me with this when i launch my project i am more than happy to give your service a plug / backlink from my website.

I am trying to launch my project in about 2 weeks.. Now as i am losing a lot of time with this i am opening to hiring someone to assist me if no one is kind enough to help me out for free.

Regards, Darren

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Darren1981
    Participant

@darren1981

Sorry to bump but some idiot has been spamming and my topic / post is now on the 3rd page only a few minutes after i posted it.

Darren1981
    Participant

@darren1981

Any idea’s guys ? I really want to use BBpress but the lack of support / community assistance kinda sucks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar