Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

CSS not loading when logged in

• lkicknosway
    Participant

@lkicknosway

Hi There, Got a kind of weird thing going on. My forum is here: http://sydneymovingguide.com/forums/. I admit straight off that I did mess with the CSS to make the font larger and change colours but, as far as I can tell, the CSS file looks fine.

The forum is functional when a user is not logged in but when they do, it loses the CSS all together. I’m not sure why being logged in causes this.

The forum has been fine and functioning for about 3 months. I did update my Genesis theme today then had to go back to the older version because I was getting a 500 Error Page when loading the forum url. My host company uploaded the older version saved from 12 hours ago.

Would really appreciate it if someone can take a look. I’m pretty sure it’s an easy fix, totally user error.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Cheers.
    Lauren

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I’ve got nothing, all I can see is your bbPress is merged into your themes ‘cloudfront’ minified/cached CSS.

Try using your browsers debug tool, right click and ‘Inspect Elelement’ or F12 on your keyboard, you should see errors once you are logged in showing certain assets can’t be loaded (i.e. CSS)

That should get you to a starter point on what is missing to debug from there.

lkicknosway
    Participant

@lkicknosway

I’ll give it a try. Thanks Stephen.

lkicknosway
    Participant

@lkicknosway

Hmmm, didn’t see any errors.

Thinking of uninstalling the bbpress plugins, deleting them and reinstalling.

Is there a way to save the current topics, registered users before I begin?

Is this too extreme, what would you suggest?

thanks in advance.

Just deactivate bbPress, delete the plugin and files, add the plugin again.

You won’t lose any bbPress data 🙂

(I don’t actually think this is it though 😉 )

lkicknosway
    Participant

@lkicknosway

You are right. That’s not it.

It’s a plugin from Genesis, bbPress Genesis Extend that is causing the problem with the newest Genesis Theme update 2.1.0. Have logged on to the StudioPress Forum to see if I can get some help there.

I’ll update this in case anyone else is having the same problem. Or, if anyone has a solution, please let me know.

Cheers.

Cool, looks like @jaredatch has released an update that fixes the Genesis 2.1 compatibility 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar