Categories
Search
Bottom

Changes in bbPress Erase User Roles in Database

• Robmcclel
    Participant

@robmcclel

Team bbPress,

I have a multi-site install with BuddyPress (http://thirdscribe.com), and we use bbPress to power the BP forums. Recently, we’ve been seeing a very specific, and unusual, problem. Whenever a change is made to bbPress — update the plugin, change a setting, etc — the WordPress user roles in wp_options->wp_user_roles are erased. The bbPress roles (keymaster, participant, etc) are preserved, but the WP roles (admin, editor, contributor, etc) are completely gone.

Do you know what is causing this?

Thanks,
    Rob

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Whenever a change is made to bbPress — update the plugin, change a setting, etc — the WordPress user roles in wp_options->wp_user_roles are erased

I have a theory as to why this ‘may’ happen with a plugin update, I’ll have to go find what I’m thinking of that may have been included in a recent bbPress release (2.5.3 or 2.5.4) but the roles being erased by changing a bbPress setting I have not seen, nor can I think of any reason why this would be happening.

Could you test this part for me please:

1. Open up WordPress Users admin panel
    2. Verify the listed users on the first page have both a WordPress and bbPress role
    3. Open bbPress Settings page and change a couple of settings and save
    4. Go back to WordPress users, do the same users still have both WordPress and bbPress roles?

The closest I have seen to this is detailed in the following ticket, but this issue is when changing users roles via the bulk actions, #2597.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar