Can't get proper bbPress sidebar to display with my custom there
Hello, I’ve installed bbPress (v.2.5.3) to my custom WordPress website (v.3.8) and it picked up the theme perfectly. However, I can’t get the bbPress sidebar to display. It seems that even though my Forum page (which I’m calling Community) is a WP page, it behaves like something else. Here’s what I’ve done:
– Created a new template for my forum page (community.php);
– Selected that template from the community page per the WP interface;
– Created a new sidebar by registering it in functions.php;
– Moved the bbPress widgets over into my newly created sidebar;
– Called the sidebar from community.php
My community page is defaulting to the main sidebar, or page sidebar, even though I have selected a completely different template for the page. I also tried going with the default page and using bbPress Tweaks but that did not work.
I think I’m missing something about how the forum page works. Any ideas?
Here’s how the page is displaying:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.