Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress works alone, integration failed.

• first, i setup my bbPress, tested it… worked great! now i went to the config.php and changed the settings to point to my wordpress. my wordpress has in the root directory and mt bbpress was i a folder root/forums/ … for the configuration, i’m sure i did everything right. changed the wordpress prefix from false to wp_ then added in the urls of my wordpress as required. i then removed the // on the next line as the instructions said.

now i loaded the directory with bbpress… i expected to go thru the whole installation thing again but it failed. someone please help?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • i’ve also tried activating the plugin for the WP side, didn’t help. here’s the error msg i got…

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: __() in /home/gray/domains/unlimitedinfinity.com/public_html/sandpress/bb-includes/capabilities.php on line 27

What do you mean “but it failed”?

it said something about capabilities.php had an error… so that’s why i added both plugins again, yet both failed to fix the problem.

consider me a first timer dummy and guide me step by step how to go about integrating bbpress to my wordpress?

nevermind, i figured out what went wrong:

near the bottom…

// Use the following line *only* if you will be loading WordPress everytime you load bbPress.

//define('WP_BB', true);

so i removed the //

define('WP_BB', true);

and that’s what caused the problem… now that i replaced the // back, integration works fine. but i have a question?

what was that line even supposed to do? i thought load everytime means i can callup the wordpress functions in the bbpress template? or something to that extent? someone please clarify?

Anyone know how to correct this error? “Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pm_fp_link() in /hsphere/local/home/jamtho/southernillinoiswatcher.com/forums/bb-templates/kakumei/front-page.php on line 70”

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sounds like that pm plugin is not working or not activated, but it’s still being called by the template?

It’s a good practice to call plugins like so, to prevent these sort or fatal errors if the plugin is not available:

if ( function_exists('pm_fp_link') ) {
    // then call the function
    }

Then there won’t be a fatal error if the plugin is not available.

Man, I can’t believe that I forgot to reactivate the plugins after reinstall. chrishajer, Thanks! bbPress Support Forums do “Rock!”

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar