Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress plugin — user roles?

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I’ve tried a number of user management plugins to see if there is any way I can assign moderators and administrators to individual forums. So far I have had no luck finding a combination that works.

What is the best way to assign user group permissions that work with the bbpress plugin?

*once I have members assigned as moderators etc of each forum, I would then like to display their user info on the sidebar of each forum.

I mention that, because I would need to know what function to call which will pull those mods/admins of each forum etc…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This is a tough one, and would probably take an additional plugin to piggy-back bbPress to make go. You could do it easily enough with custom post_meta values; one for admins and one for moderators. Save them serialized, and build some meta boxes to help you assign the users.

Ideally something like BuddyPress will handle this in the future, and that would probably be the approach it would take.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This is a tough one, and would probably take an additional plugin to piggy-back bbPress to make go. You could do it easily enough with custom post_meta values; one for admins and one for moderators. Save them serialized, and build some meta boxes to help you assign the users.

Ideally something like BuddyPress will handle this in the future, and that would probably be the approach it would take.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar