Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Anonymous Even Though Logged In

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Same happens to me – when I enter the forums, I just hover over the anonymous, then select log in and log in again. It then tells me that I’m already logged in, but then lets me post.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Try deleting your bbpress.org cookies. We did some moving around of the site, and I suppose it’s possible the old cookies are conflicting.

Robin W

@robin-w

Thanks JJJ, it now seems to have fixed itself, so probably cookies have resolved themselves !

David
    Participant

@dcrabill

Wow, I just found the solution for myself. Cookies didn’t matter… I cleared them many times and used different browsers too.

I noticed that everytime I logged in, it would redirect me to the login screen, showing me the fields, even though I had successfully logged in. I have been consistently anonymous on bbpress.org/forums and a couple other forum pages, plus many topic pages, every time I’ve logged in this way.

I tried bbpress.org/wp-login.php instead, and that’s working perfectly. No anonymity issues anymore! So I guess there is an issue on the custom login page at bbpress.org/login

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

https://bbpress.org/login/ submits data directly to https://bbpress.org/wp-login.php – they use the exact same code to process your login. Sounds likely that there’s a cookie somewhere in your browser’s cache that’s being stubborn.

Happy you found a solution that works for you, and sorry you’re having trouble.

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Still having problems with this, I have cleared my whole cookies, individually removed bbpress cookies, tried 5 browsers, tried my ipad and I am still having erratic login problems.

I can visit wp-admin. I can sometimes reply, but if I visit /forums I am shown as anonymous, then sometimes if I go to a topic I am anonymous and I can’t reply. I’ll just carry on removing cookies I guess, but it’s an annoyance.

David
    Participant

@dcrabill

Yeah, JJJ you’re right: /login and /wp-login.php are the same. I tried a completely different computer, which I had never logged into before, and the anonymity issues were there with both login methods. The only thing I haven’t tried is a different account, but it looks like Lynq is having the issue too, so I’m not the only one. I haven’t really noticed that cookies or cache have anything to do with it. I have never had issues on wordpress.org or buddypress.org. I have spent at least a couple hours trying to find a way to login to bbpress.org consistently without issues, but I haven’t found one yet. At this point I’m pretty sure there is some bug somewhere… I just don’t know what else it could be. Other people could be having the issue, but they might not be able to post! I almost gave up myself.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar