Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Yikes, my wordpress site has disappeared while integrating with bbpress

• I was just about finished integrating bbpress with our wordpress installation. I had not called up the wordpress site during most of this process. When I did try to call it up, a white screen came up, no error messages, nothing, just white.

It had just been working fine before I began installing bbpress, but I had just gotten locked out of login (again) and followed these instructions: “To fix bbpress, you need phpmyadmin or a similar tool. Login, go to your bbpress database. Not certain what it’s like on 0.9, but you probably need to go to the bb_topicmeta table and perform a search (or browse through) to find a record where the meta_key is wp_table_prefix. Try deleting that record. Without that setting I think bb would look for its own users again. ” http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/doing-integration-cant-login-in-bbpress

Not sure if that’s what broke the wordpress installation. What should I try? Should I go back into phpMyAdmin and try to add that record back in? Should I just uninstall bbpress and start over again?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What does your directory structure look like? Where did you put bbPress, and where is WordPress? Does it look like this:

/var/www/htdocs/wordpress/wp-config.php

/var/www/htdocs/wordpress/bbpress/bb-config.php

Did you modify the wp-config.php file at all? Do you have access to error logs? A blank screen is likely a 500 Internal Server Error.

If you can’t see the sites, you have bigger problems than just integrated logins. You should be able to view the WordPress site and the bbPress forum without logging in.

Yes, wp-config.php is on the root, bb-config.php is off the root in a /bbpress folder.

Other than opening the wp.config.php to check on secret keys and all that, I haven’t done anything with it.

Yesterday, I did move the wordpress install to the root. I had worked out all the kinks though, and everything was working well. I did have an Internal Server Error for awhile though, but that was fixed. It was discussed here, https://wordpress.org/support/topic/205960?replies=13#post-862375

I looked at the error.log. I’m assuming it notes military time. There were some files not found this morning as I’d expect. Nothing from this afternoon.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I appreciate it.

Oh wow, I am able to get into my wordpress admin.

Another note, the Internal Server Error yesterday was fixed by correcting the .htaccess file.

At present it reads:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

So, you can access the forum and the blog? Is everything back to normal?

No, I can access the admin of the blog, and I can access the forum. But the blog pages/posts all comes up as a blank screen.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Do you have access to server logs? If you’re getting a blank screen, it’s probably a 500 Internal Server Error. Maybe there’s a problem with one of your WordPress templates.

You were right about the templates. I used Dreamhost’s webftp client to move my wordpress site. It tells you to create the folder first. I took that to mean the main folders, and didn’t create all the many subfolders. I’m assuming that had something to do with why our template folder was not quite there. I could see it in webftp, but my ftpclient on my computer wasn’t showing it. Once I’d ftp’d all the files back, the site reappeared.

Dreamhost is saying that can’t happen, but that’s what I experienced.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar