Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

wpmu 1.5.1 + bbpress 0902 Login Cookie Solved!

• i just solved my login cookie issue after one night debugging…

i found these things:

– by default, wpmu generate auth_cookie as “wordpress”, but bbpress generate as “wordpress_xxxxx(hash)”

– wpmu not using “database secret” for cookie hashing, but it use the SECRET_SALT constant defined in the wp-config.php, bbpress using “database secret”. so the cookie result will never be the same.

you need to update your bb-config.php file to meet these situations.

assumed you’ve successfully install wpmu + bbpress, then edit your bb-config.php and add these line:

define(‘BB_SECRET_KEY’, ‘yourreallysecretkey’);

define(‘BB_SECRET_SALT’, ‘yourreallysecretsalt’);

$bb->authcookie = ‘wordpress’;

$bb->cookiedomain = ‘.yourdomain.com’;

$bb->cookiepath = ‘/’;

$bb->sitecookiepath = ”;

and try to login… voila.. you can switch to bbpress and wpmu without re-login… :)

good luck,

rh

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • my mistake,

make sure your BB_SECRET_KEY and BB_SECRET_SALT value on your bb-config.php are the same with SECRET_KEY and SECRET_SALT value on your wp-config.php

cheers,

rh

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Actually, the bbPress secret can live in the database. But you are right that the WPMU one cannot, mostly for login compatibility between blogs within WPMU.

Obviously you should choose your own secret and salt values, not the one’s given above.

Thanks for this. It fixed our issue with the login cookies.

Caesar

@caesarsgrunt

Thank you so, so much, sepidol! You’ve made my day! I’ve spent hours trawling the bbPress and WPMU forums for this…

For what it’s worth, my problem was the SECRET_SALT. I’d done everything else right, but each time I logged into either bb or wp I was logged out of the other ’cause of the cookie value being encrypted differently… I thought the salt may have been the problem, but I wasn’t quite sure what it did. This is the first thread I’ve found which even mentions it!

Thanks…

Caesar

thank you!!

works also for me! :-P

Participant

@noyz319

Hi, I just installed WP MU 2.7 and am trying to merge it with the latest bbpress install but have some major confusion with the config file secret keys. In new 2.7+ versions of WordPress and WPMU there is no mention of SECRET_KEY or SECRET_SALT, the config instead lists the following 7 keys:

define(‘AUTH_KEY’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’);

define(‘SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’);

define(‘LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’);

define(‘NONCE_KEY’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’);

define(‘AUTH_SALT’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’);

define(‘LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’);

define(‘SECURE_AUTH_SALT’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’);

While the BBPRESS config only lists one key:

define(‘BB_SECRET_KEY’, ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’);

Which key in WPMU 2.7+ is equivalent to BB_SECRET_KEY?

Or, do i now need to define all 7 of the WordPress secret keys in bbpress as well? Eg. BB_AUTH_KEY, BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY, BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY, etc…

Any help clearing up this config confusion would be great. Thanks!

zenseeker

@zenseeker

noyz319, I hope you get an answer soon, because the keys are giving me fits, too.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar