Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress.org forums' WYSIWYG / markup…

• Alex Luft
    Participant

@alexluft16

So I was just browsing around WordPress.org support forums and noticed the way they have their text entry box set up.

It contains the standard markup as we have on bbPress (installable) but it’s clickable by the user, with the resulting clicks being reflected in the text entry box. Here’s what I mean http://wordpress.org/support/topic/384052?replies=5

I’m talking about the b i link buttons at the top of the text entry box.

My question is whether we have and/or can do something similar with our own bbPress installs. I know we have TinyMCE and – most recently – WYSIWYG editor, but this is a bit different as it outputs the markup for you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• psycheangels

@psycheangels

Alex Luft
    Participant

@alexluft16

@psycheangles

Thanks for your super fast reply! I installed it but am now wondering how/where I can style the buttons.

psycheangels

@psycheangels

in bbcode-button.js

var CSS=’#bbcode_buttons div {float:left; background:#999; border:1px solid #666; border-radius:2px; -moz-border-radius:2px; -webkit-border-radius:2px; color:#fff; padding: 0px 6px 1px 6px; margin: 1px 7px 2px 0;’

+’font: 1.2em times, serif; word-spacing: -1px; height: 16px; vertical-align:middle; line-height:16px;’

+’text-align:center; position:relative; cursor: pointer; cursor: hand;}’;

Alex Luft
    Participant

@alexluft16

Awesome, thanks!!!

Go bbPress!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar