Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress and bbPress Theme Integration

• Recently I have installed bbPress 0.9.2 and intergrated it with my WordPress blog (Version 2.6.2) the intergration has been a success and all users registered to the blog also have access to the forum without re-creating a user.

Anyway, now im interested in intergrating my bbPress forum within my blogs layout (E.g on a page called forum there would simply be my usual blog layout and then the forum appearing within the content area of my blog but I don’t have any idea how to do this. For a visual reference here is a example of what I want to achieve:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/forum/

Does anyone know the process of how to this and how it can be done?

Thanks!

James

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Do users have to log in at the blog and the forum separately, or are the logged into both simultaneously? I didn’t think that 0.9.0.2 and 2.6.2 were cookie compatible, for logins.

To do what you’re describing, you need to design a theme for bbPress that matches your WordPress theme. Short of doing that, you can include WordPress inside bbPress to have access to WordPress functions (like get_sidebar, get_header, get_footer.)

You can also browse the tag integration to see how other people have approached the problem.

OKay thanks for your reply.

I shall have a look around.

Great integration, I like the clean look!

The easiest way I found to integrate the themes is to include the header and footer in the respective files from the wordpress theme folder. This can be seen @ http://superturbodiesel.com.

The only real issue I have is that the bbPress login is not available on the front page without adding static HTML. I decided to leave it as is, in my case I only want registered users posting in the forum.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar