Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Widgets for bbpress?

• Is this possible?

I see many cool widgets from WordPress, that I would like to use in bbpress, is this possible? To have a customisable sidebar plain and simple.

Like, theres a widget that does a vertical scrolling picture gallery. That would be cool in the forum.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Mark

@delayedinsanity

If you’re running WordPress alongside bbPress, simply integrate the two and then you can call your WP sidebar from your bbPress theme. (tip: search under ‘deep integration’)

oh heaoull…. i tried integration…… and thats where it went – at “tried”

did not turn out good

do you have any examples of how that looks like? bb press with wordpress sidebar?

also, is it possible to remove the tags bar? and possibly replace it with something else?

grassrootspa

@grassrootspa

Marius, I too would love to see widgets in bbPress!

Mark

@delayedinsanity

also, is it possible to remove the tags bar? and possibly replace it with something else?

Anything is possible. ;) You want to look for your template files in bb-templates, most likely you’re using the kakumei theme in a directory of the same name.

I’m fully aware of the theme I’m using. I just want to know how to remove the tags. Their just ugly and unecesary.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Marius- please stick to one topic per post. I thought this was about widgets then I see this comment about removing the tags bar. If you want to remove the tags, just look in your template files for wherever the tag cloud is displayed, and remove that code. I don’t see a link to your forum so I can’t tell you exactly what to remove.

I think tags are normally attached to each topic, and also to the front page, and you would need to remove the places where tags can be added as well. Just find those sections in your template files, and delete them or comment them out. Make a copy of all the files first in case you make a mistake and need to revert back.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar