Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Where are the default template files stored? v2

• Where are the default theme files stored? I’m using a Thematic based wordpress theme and bbPress tells me ‘Your active theme does not include bbPress template files. Your forums are using the default styling included with bbPress.’

Having installed bbPress 2.01 I am trying to edit the layout to make it full width. It seems this must be handled by editing the PHP files. However – the docs suggest the default theme Kakumei is the default – where are the files for this template?

I see only a bbp-twentyten folder in my FTP?

I’d like to simply comment out <?php get_sidebar(); ?> on the relevant files.

I’ve tried making changes in these files but nothing changes frontend.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• raphaelsuzuki
    Participant

@raphaelsuzuki

In case you’re using TwentyTen theme it’s in ‘/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bpp-themes/twentyten’.

Otherwise, I don’t know if compatibility mode come with this level of feature.

Although you can just associate base slug with a page and set it to full-width template (I’m not entirely sure if this works).

Hi Raphaelsuzuki – no, making a page (with full width template) and setting it as the base slug doesn’t work I’m afraid.

I’m not using TwentyTen, I’m using a child theme based on Thematic. I ended up just filtering the sidebar away with the following in my main theme’s functions.php:

function remove_sidebar() {
    if(function_exists('is_bbpress') && is_bbpress()){
    return FALSE;
    } else {
    return TRUE;
    }
    }
    add_filter('thematic_sidebar', 'remove_sidebar');

Hope that helps someone in future.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar