Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

When bbpress 1.0.3?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)

• citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

DKB
    Participant

@dkb

Is bbpress 1.0.3 now ready? I can see in trac that there are no tickets left. So when will it be published?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Good question. I’m not sure who handles that. I will find out. The tickets are all fixed and it’s ready to be picked up.

Could this be the final update before serious work starts on the WP plugin?

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Ok, so here is another one of my unpopular posts.

Can we decide if we’re working on bbpress 1.0.3 or bbpress 1.1?

Because Matt always reffered to 1.1, and infact 1.0.3 only started being used to describe about the time that Matt left.

Infact, it appears some developers are talking about 1.1-alpha, and yet in trac we’re dealing with 2 different streams (1.0.3 and 1.1).

Given that 1.1 has at least 3 cruicial tasks still open, are we releasing 1.0.3 and then aiming a 1.1 release very soon after?

or are we aiming for a 1.1 release and peopel are cailling it 1.0.3?

Thanks,

Kev

Why is this an unpopular post?

jurasiks
    Participant

@jurasiks

i took 1.0.3 from SVN – works great and smooth

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I voted for it being called 1.0.3 as a bug fix release for 1.0.2. The problem is, there are things in there that were destined for 1.1. So maybe there never will be a 1.0.3 and the next will be 1.1 with a couple more bugs fixed, and new functionality like subscribe to topic, and login-less posting. I expect we’ll hear back in a couple days.

I guess based on the fact that it’s being used here as 1.1-alpha and the fact that 1.0.3 actually has 2 new features in it, that it should probably be 1.1 and there would be no 1.0.3.

DKB
    Participant

@dkb

Is there a downloadlink for 1.0.3?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you have access to subversion, it is easiest. If you don’t, you can download all the bbPress files, but you end up not getting the BackPress files.

svn co http://svn.automattic.com/bbpress/trunk/ ./bbpress

will get you the latest trunk version, which is basically 1.0.2 with bug fixes, plus login-less posting and subscribe to topic.

Otherwise, you have to get it here:

https://trac.bbpress.org/changeset/2432/trunk?old_path=%2F&format=zip

from the bottom of this page:

https://trac.bbpress.org/browser/trunk

Then you have to get BackPress.

http://backpress.automattic.com/browser/trunk

I’ve never done it this way; I use subversion normally, so I’m not sure how well this works.

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Quote. It is very important for new tickets and plugins updates.

I voted for it being called 1.0.3 as a bug fix release for 1.0.2.

I’d prefer that too. I’ve tagged my new tickets as 1.0.3, but doing this makes the milestone seem never ending… :P

Can I request or how do I request that all views have their own class.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

gerikg, to make a feature request, open a ticket in trac and mark it as an enhancement under “type”.

https://trac.bbpress.org/

@chrishajer thank you!

sooo “When bbpress 1.0.3?”

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think the next release is going to be 1.1 instead of 1.0.3. And there will probably not be any more releases in the 0.9 branch (although there were one or two fixes after 0.9.0.3).

Not sure when 1.1 will be released. Maybe after all the 1.1 tickets are cleared up:

https://trac.bbpress.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=1.1

The reason for 1.1 instead of 1.0.3 is the addition of two new features:

login-less posting

subscribe to topic

in addition to the bug fixes.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

I’ve a slightly better/different question:

Who’s leading this project and thus making the decision on when 1.0.3 is?

and any chance that (mythical??) person could answer:

Because Matt always reffered to 1.1, and infact 1.0.3 only started being used to describe about the time that Matt left.

Infact, it appears some developers are talking about 1.1-alpha, and yet in trac we’re dealing with 2 different streams (1.0.3 and 1.1) :S

Oh how I’d give my right testical for a Project Manager or some actual communication

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think the leader is Matt. I haven’t heard otherwise and he’s the one who suggested we should release 1.1 rather than 1.0.3.

My money is the next release being called 1.1.

You will probably need to grow a third to get that information.

I downloaded trunk, anything I should know? other than I need to change my bb-config.php file not to have a closing thing…

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Trunk right now is a little bit unstable. There were a couple of search related bugs that were not fixed properly.

You can test it, but not in a production environment, please.

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

I think the next release is going to be 1.1 instead of 1.0.3. […]

Not sure when 1.1 will be released. Maybe after all the 1.1 tickets are cleared up

So we have to wait 2011 for 1.1, instead of maybe august for 1.0.3, since at the moment the former has got more than 6 times the number of tickets of the latter… not to mention those 3-yo tickets

Trunk right now is a little bit unstable. There were a couple of search related bugs that were not fixed properly.

I hope we’ve fixed those, at last! =)

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

The latest Trunk has a few little glitches, but my singular site running the “trunk” version on and off for the last 6-8 weeks has been holding up very nicely indeed.

Gautum (et. all) have been doing some stellar work, and the fact that we’re finding more bugs to fix is never a bad thing. I’ve no issue with us bouncing around from 0 to 5 bugs as we make everything more stable – and really, it’s close to stable now just slightly less table than say a month ago.

We officially cleared the 1.0.3 trac que 2 weeks ago, and I’m sure we’ll do it again soon. Of course we’ll need someone to actually make the decision to package and release though…

=====================================================================

The big issue I have with 1.0.3 is that one of the outstanding bugs (#1228) is needing to be fixed in BackPress before we can release.

Given that we’re Leaderless, i’m wondering how’s taking control of that and communicating it with the BackPress team, and if we’re actually going to wait on a new version of BackPress to be released before we consider releasing 1.0.3? When is that new version of BackPress likely to arrive?

Who’s making these decisions?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The only one I know of with answers to your questions is Matt Mullenweg. I don’t know if he’s put anyone in charge, but ultimately the responsibility is his.

@kevinjohngallagher you will never know the name of the architect! buhhaha (I don’t know either) They might be reading this.

So I have 1.1-alpha

I briefly had 1.03Trunk.

My question is will 1.1 have all 1.03 fixes.

for example bb-config-sample.php of 1.1 is the same as 1.02 but trunk is different (https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/1282)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It might be different but it doesn’t matter. It’s just taking advantage of leaving the closing php tag off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distinction_without_a_difference

jurasiks
    Participant

@jurasiks

I’m using bbPress from SVN for now.

Can somebody tell me more about standalone project future?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar