Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What should be visible in the Content tab?

• What should be visible in the Content tab? When I check Topics or Posts in the Content tab of the control panel, the only thing it shows is Deleted Topics or Deleted Posts, which is baffling. Is it not supposed to show any active content?

There’s no documentation on this software so it’s impossible to tell if there’s something wrong with my install, which is r873 from SVN… I’ve reinstalled thrice and do not see any active Topics or Posts in the admin panel.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Topics/Deleted Topics

Posts/Deleted Posts

Forums/Forum Management

Akismet Spam/Spam

The Content tab isn’t supposed to mirror the forums, I don’t understand why it would/should? It just shows you stuff to do with administrating your content. Moderation overview I guess, with other stuff.

I would think that if I want to “administrate” my content I would need to see it first. Logical, no?

Seeing a list of Posts and Topics seems very logical to me, especially if I am clicking on a path of Content->Topics or Content->Posts, I would expect to see the Topics or Posts. After all, I clicked on Content->Topics and not Content->Deleted Topics. If all that Content->Topics is supposed to show is Deleted Topics, then the subtab should say “Deleted Topics” and not “Topics”.

To see your content I recommend going into the forums. I find that somewhat more logical.

You are probably correct that “Deleted Topics” for a tab would be clearer. I find the h2 “Deleted Topics” to add the clarification I need and “Topics” is happily concise in the tab. Personal preference I would say.

I was expecting (and perhaps hope to see in future versions) pages like those in WP, where all the topic headings are displayed with the option of edit and delete. At present there is no mechanism for editing topic headers.

As Posts don’t have headings, it is less applicable, but again, a method of permanently deleting posts would be useful.

Just edit the first post in the topic to edit the topic title.

fel64 said: To see your content I recommend going into the forums. I find that somewhat more logical.

I would have to disagree. Viewing the forums is indeed for “seeing” the content, but it should not be surprising that forum managers would expect to -manage- the content within the admin control panel.

fel64 said: …”Topics” is happily concise in the tab. Personal preference I would say.

I would say that Usability in the sense of good software design is more important then personal preference. But I think this topic is now a dead horse and has been thoroughly beaten, so I won’t continue that point. Thanks for answering the question, it is appreciated.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar