Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What are the benefits to using bbpress over other software?

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

To preface, I know nothing about bbpress other than it’s installed with my new buddypress setup.

I have run vbulletin on numerous websites for years now so that is what i am familiar with.

As my ultimate plans include using wordpressmu/buddypress/forums, can someone let me know why I should consider using bbpress?

Are there features that it has that other software does not provide?

Please, I am not being antagonistic here, it’s a real question.

so far my vbulletin setup has the following:

1. completely bridged to wordpressmu so that all registration/logins/sessions etc are controlled by vbulletin for the entire system. Meaning you login to vb, you are logged into wp automatically etc..

2. vbulletin uses wordpress theme header/footer etc. It’s not static, meaning that if the header in wp changes it auto changes in vb, and NO, I am not using iframes, that’d be just plain stupid.

thanks for any info provided.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Ryan Hellyer
    Participant

@ryanhellyer

bbPress will likely run considerably faster, has a much more logical/smaller number of templates and bbPress is a lot easier to develop plugins for.

anointed – If I were you, I’d leave it alone and keep vbulletin. There’s no reason to change if everything’s working and you don’t hate vbulletin :) Now, if you do hate it…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar