Categories
Search
Bottom

Users cannot edit their own topics

• Selune
    Participant

@selune

Hi

I just installed bbpress on our wordpress site, but the users cannot edit their own topics (no edit menu in the bar)
    I checked then the permissions with the plugin “User Role Editor” but I saw nothing weird in it.
    We tried to install another WordPress/bbpress on another machine: same issue !

Thanks for your help !!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• safeer.husssain

@safeerhusssain

I have the same question. Someone please respond.

Selune
    Participant

@selune

I just tried the “Members” plugin. The forum_participant and contributor roles have the “edit_topics” item enabled. But they still just can’t edit…

frippen
    Participant

@frippen

Same here. My subscribers cannot edit their own posts. Where do one start looking? Is it bbpress-specific och WP?

Selune
    Participant

@selune

Unfortunately I must get a functionnal forum in the few next hours/days.
    So if I get no answer here, I’ll have to install another forum type (what I would regret because I like bbpress)

Please help !

tairak
    Participant

@tairak

I am also having this problem. User Role Editor shows me that they do have permission to Edit Topics and Replies.

tairak
    Participant

@tairak

Problem Solved: I originally had set up the forums so that after 25 minutes the post would be locked. I set it to a much higher number (99999) and subscribers can now edit their posts.

Must be something to do with how BBPress handles the calculation of the time limit.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar