Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User topics-created pagination

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Shane Gowland
    Participant

@thewebatom

I fixed this issue by re-saving my permalinks.

I’ve tried re-saving both my Permalinks and Forum settings and I’m still having issues.

My settings are:
    Common Settings
    Post name

Archive Slugs
    Forums base – forums
    Topics base – topics

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Maybe some caching plugin is keeping the rewrite rules option persistent somewhere? Resaving permalinks should fix this right up.

Disabled my cache plugin and re-saved permalink and forum settings with no luck.

I’ve scanned my custom code to see if there’s a custom hook I’ve played with in the past that’s overwriting it – but can’t find anything.

Here’s the problem page: http://www.ratsclan.com/users/admin/

I haven’t got a fix for you though hopefully @jjj can do some magic.

The issue relates to how your user profiles /users/admin/ are including ‘recent topics’ on that same page rather than the default bbPress /users/admin/topics/, thus if you go to /users/admin/topics/page/2/ everything is perfect.

In your custom template file user-details.php you have added lines 16-33 but this is causing bbPress to generate the pagination links for the current /user/admin/ URL.

I know I have found the problem, but a solution, nope, I’m stuck, my PHP skills are not quite there yet 😉

References: Changeset 4322 and /includes/topics/template-tags.php#242 bbp_is_single_user_topics pretty permalinks.

Your site is awesome to say the least and I see you have pimped it…

Thanks for my diagnosis Stephen – that’s a massive help.

The site is so new that I’m not sure anyone other than myself has even used a second page. So there’s no rush. I’ll try to work on a fix this upcoming weekend.

Thank you for your kind words, I’m glad you like the design! 🙂

Not be the most elegant solution, but it’ll have to do for now:

//redirect user profile topic permalinks to fix pagination, as we have topics embedded on profiles
    function rats_redirect_user_pagination( $pagination ) {
    // Get bbPress
    $bbp = bbpress();
    if (bbp_is_single_user() && is_array($pagination) && isset($pagination['base']) ) {
    //if topics has not been included in the url yet
    $check_topic = strpos($pagination['base'], '/topics/page/');
    if($check_topic === false) {
    $pagination['base'] = str_replace('/page/','/topics/page/', $pagination['base']);
    }
    }
    //return pagination array
    return $pagination;
    }
    add_action('bbp_topic_pagination', 'rats_redirect_user_pagination', 99, 1 );

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

That’s one way to do it, sure. Either way, you’ll need something like that if you want to keep the old style profiles around. Nice work.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar