Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User Roles Issue

• I’m working a new version of my site, and I’m working in BBpress. I tried the latest stable version, but since I was already using WordPress 2.6.3, things didn’t quite work right. So I switched up to BBpress 1.0 Alpha 2, and things mostly work right.

However, I’m still facing a couple problems. Most importantly, the User Roles map doesn’t actually map users to the appropriate setting. It doesn’t map them at all, in fact. My admin blog users are still listed as just regular members on the boards. Does anyone know why that may be? I also can’t appear to edit the users to add the settings manually. The Software points me to “/profile/user/edit”, which doesn’t actually exist, apparently.

I realize that this is an Alpha version, which is fine, since the site isn’t live yet anyway. But I’d really like to figure out why users aren’t being correctly mapped. I entered all the settings correctly to my knowledge. Except the “WordPress “secure auth” cookie salt ” setting, which I didn’t appear to have. So I left that blank.

Any help would be appreciated, so I can start working on theme work for my site. Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I find myself in the same boat. Actually, somehow my admin with user_id of 1 is marked as inactive, and when I try to edit his profile to change it back, I get all kinds of funkiness that spits out.

Seems the roles still need some TLC.

Well, it’s good to know that I’m not the only one with something funky going on. I have hundreds of members, and the one Key Master I setup during the install. Nobody else has a different role set, even though the User Role Mapping is filled out. Very bizarre. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to change that manually, either.

Edit: Just checked – Users created in BBpress get assigned no role in WordPress as well. It seems that everything works in the Sync except Role mapping.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s really almost impossible as the role data is serialized within the wp_usermeta table… I was poking around in there and figured it was best left alone, even if it’s not working, it ain’t quite totally broken yet.

I’ve found that when I have everything all hooked together, that the capabilities of my users seems off. Like as it sits right now, with WordPress and bbPress together, I can’t even make a topic or reply.

I think that the problem takes places in bb-includes/capabilities.php, somewhere around line 29

$retvalue = call_user_func_array(array(&$bb_current_user, 'has_cap'), $args);

For me, this function returns nothing when the value is indeed true or 1 in the $bb_current_user array… But it only messes up when WordPress is included in the bb-config.php file, otherwise it’s fine…

Thanks for the comments. Oddly enough, it seems like the only thing that is broken for me is the user roles. The capabilities seem to work just fine. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution soon.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It looks like this has been addressed in the trac, but has yet to be repaired. So there is a ticket open for it, it’s on the radar, but still only a blip.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar