Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Usability ideas

• Guys,

Which things (hacks, plugins, tweaks), will make a forum the most bad-ass forum out there.

I usually go around and see what other sites have and try to incorporate some of the things I like. Sometimes I come with own ideas.

Its always nice to hear from other webmasters what they think are the bad-ass things.

So, question is, how can we make our bbpress forums, more user friendly?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• empfehlungen

@empfehlungen

I would like a shoutbox plugin for bbpress. This is nice communication tool besides all the threads.

The second thing would be an easier integration of wordpress themes.

I was thinking about adding the register form, right below the reply button for visitors who are not logged in.

I think to achieve easier integration they should start using the same profiles. or profile table.

The second thing would be an easier integration of wordpress themes.

This is more the back-end, I aiming more at the front-end.

gerikg: bbPress uses the WordPress user (profile) tables when integrated

Kawauso, looks like you’re right (I was thinking BuddyPress) but you have fields in WP that BB’s profile does not show like:

AIM

Yahoo IM

Jabber / Google Talk

Biographical Info

and fields that BB has that WP profiles won’t show. I don’t know if that make sense.

That makes sense… it’d be interesting to see if the profile info not displayed is actually retrievable anyway by adding the key from the database to the profile fields array. Displaying bbPress info in WordPress might be the same, I’ve never really looked at how it pulls it up.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar