Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

upgrading to RC1 breaks WP cookie sharing (for me).

• deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

I had WP2.7.1 and bbPress1.06a working perfectly.

Now I’ve replaced 1.06a with RC1. Kept exactly the same settings (apart from a duplicate bbp database – which is identical in all but name). Same wordpress integration bumpf in the bb-config file.

Then I run the database upgrade. And it all works as expected apart from the cookie integration.

Logging in via WP does log me into bbP but I can’t log into WP unless I go through /wp-admin (cookies spat out by each login all correspond.)

Anyone else had a similar problem or offer a solution?

I have upgraded the bb-integration plugin in WP and if I switch back to the previous version of the forum it all works fine again. So I can only pressume something odd is happening in RC1.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Check for mismatches between any manually set cookie paths, particularly mismatched trailing slashes.

Same problem here. There are no mismatches between my manually set cookie paths. However, is there a list of all cookie paths that could be set?

All I did was upgrading to RC1. Before that, with the latest alpha-release, this problem did not occur.

I am using WP 2.7.1 (not WPMU).

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Oh, I forgot, add this to your bb-config.php

define('WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1);

When you upgrade to WordPress 2.8 later, you will need to remove that line.

Great! As far as I am concerned, this has solved the issue.

Thank you, Sambauers!

@tomdebruin: what about you?

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

That fixes it instantly. Thanks very much.

Yep, that solved the problem for me as well. Thanks a lot! Please post a note somewhere where everyone will see it because I bet this will cause a headache for numerous people…

hmmm… sadly it is not working for me. I added that line to bb-config.php, but no dice.

I will dig through my config files see if anything is different. But it was working perfectly until RC-1.

The release of the RC-1 bbPress integartion plug-in fixed it for me! Happy Day!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar