Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Upgrade to WordPress 3.0 Final Experiences?

• I have decided to hold off on upgrading to WordPress 3.0 because of my plugins and my fear of breaking something.

Has anyone using bbpress upgraded to 3.0 yet? Possible?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I was reading through that and got a little lost. At the end you were able to get things working with Zaerl’s plugin?

I did a fresh install of both and everything is working as far as I can tell.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

I was reading through that and got a little lost. At the end you were able to get things working with Zaerl’s plugin?

Yes. There is only a little problem regarding registration (if you use deep integration) but this is solved by my plugin. If you don’t use deep integration don’t install it.

metaboy: Yes.

1. bbPress generally seems to work fine out of the box with 3.0, at least for me and a few others, so that’s looking good

2. I needed zaerl’s plugin for deep integration, ie using WordPress functions/template tags to pull in the WordPress header and footer. I’ve tested it further since, and haven’t encountered any problems.

In fact, only the registration of new users was ever a problem. I had WordPress 3.0 RC and bbPress running for a few days before I even encountered that issue.

Thanks…your response was 6 minutes ago and I had already done all my back ups so I upgraded.

Now using WordPress 3.0 and BBPress 1.02 and so far, no detectable problems. Nothing wrong with that.

:)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar