Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

uninstalling 0.9?

• Hi –

I just attempted to install a .9 release of bbPress, then realized it’s not compatible with WP 2.6.3. How can I uninstall bbPress before giving the alpha version a go?

Thanks…

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Delete the files, remove any bb* named tables in your DB (I’m assuming it’s a shared with WP db, so you don’t want to whack the whole thing), upload the 1.0alpha and carry on.

OK, that seemed to work. Now…when the new install asks me for the WordPress cookie secret key…what do I give it? There are three keys in my wp-config.php file.

Also, what is this WordPress database secret? I’m not aware of anything like that.

These are in step 2 of the bb install, BTW.

Thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you read the screen very carefully during the bbPress installation, it will tell you exactly which key to put where, and where to get the SALTs that are not listed in wp-config.php.

What notes are you referring to? The inline notes in step 2 for the “WordPress cookie secret key” say:

This value must match the value of the constant named “SECRET_KEY” in your WordPress wp-config.php file. This will replace the bbPress cookie secret key set in the first step.

The inline notes for the WordPress database secret say:

This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “secret” in your WordPress installation. Look for the option labeled “secret” in this WordPress admin page. If you leave this blank the installer will try to fetch the value based on your WordPress database integration settings.

Am I missing another source of notes? These don’t tell me what I need to know. Thanks…

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Which versions of WordPress and bbPress are you installing?

Does this thread help at all?

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-10-alpha-2-released/page/2

I’m running 2.6.3 of WordPress and attempting to install the current alpha release of bb.

And…the thread you cited doesn’t seem to address the issues I brought up. Before that thread, I’d never come across the term “salt” and I still don’t know what it is.

OK…thanks for that. I have the three keys in the bb-config.php file matching their equivalents in the wp-config.php file.

NOW: what do I put in during step 2 of the installation where it asks for “WordPress cookie secret key” and “WordPress database secret”? It tells me to look at fields in my wp-config.php file, but the fields it references don’t exist.

I’m wondering if maybe the directions on the install are out of step with the software, but…I still don’t know what do do here.

Thanks…

I just wiped out my old attempt at installation and started over.

I downloaded the bbpress directory structure, created a bb-config.php file and populated it with the stuff from my wp-config.php file. I then uploaded it, and tried to initiate the install, but I get error messages.

In short, I think I’ve taken a step backward.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong here?

http://www.scopedin.com/bbpress/

Thanks…

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Looks to me like you failed to upload all of the files correctly.

Just took a look. You’re right; entire subdirectories are missing. I wonder what got into Filezilla this time.

I’ll try to correct this and report back. Thanks.

Update: I’m getting further in the install, but still having troubles. Since the title of this thread is misleading, we can consider this one solved. I’ll start another for my current issues.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar