Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics are invisible for all users, except for Admin

• kraigg
    Participant

@kraigg

I’m having problems with my forum, where only Administrators can see topics (new and old) in the forums. Everyone else with non-Administrator user roles cannot see topics, only replies. If I log in as a normal user and go into a forum topic, it shows only topic title, replies (if any), but no initial topic content.

I’m using BuddyPress 1.6.2, bbPress 2.2.3, WordPress 3.5, and I’m also using the User Role Editor plugin.

If I give all users the same user roles as the Administrator, they can now see topics, but obviously I don’t want to give everyone admin access. Do you know what role I need tick in User Role Editor so that all users can see topics?

Here are the user role I currently have set for a normal user: http://imgur.com/XsWPg

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• kraigg
    Participant

@kraigg

I think I found a solution to my problem.

If I go into User Role Editor and give the normal user the capability “delete users” (delete_users), the topics are now visible to them again.

But I just don’t know how or why this works.

Ben Hansen
    Participant

@ubernaut

my understanding is that the current version doesn’t do anything with bbpress (won’t let you edit those roles anymore) i also hit this problem today (also using URE) i deactivated the plugin but am still seeing the issue nothing changed in the last day since it was working little apprehensive to give “normal” users the ability to erase others :/

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar