Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

threads to show in their forum permanently

• Is there a way to keep threads from disappearing after a certain amount of time, in their respective forum? (without making every thread a sticky)

Thanks for any advice.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Other than making it sticky, how would you like this to work? Would all the thread just be there forever, no matter how many there are?

yes, my forum is somewhat small and used in a capacity to where this would be very helpful in organizing info. then i could manually purge topics if needed.

this seems precisely what stick topics are for, IMO.

I use stickys for important announcements with a specific icon, and don’t see being able to get all my users on board with making every single topic a sticky. aaaah well, worth a shot :/

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Just make the topic a normal sticky, don’t stick it to front (which is called as super sticky).

was hoping to bypass having to edit everyone’s posts. thanks though; will see if i can get everyone to do it ;)

if its possible to edit code to automatically make all topics sticky, that would be awesome as well.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You could use a plugin to make all topics sticky by default. I haven’t seen that plugin yet, but I believe it would be possible to just make all the topics sticky when published.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar