Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Theme template files to change for 1.0?

• I’m creating theme for stable version 0.9., but I’m nervous that theme will break once 1.0+ is released and I upgrade. Will template files change much in 1.0?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

There are only minor changes from bbPress 0.9 templates to 1.0 templates – you will just not have a few minor features that are new in 1.0 with a bbPress 0.9 template. You might have to make only a couple of minor adjustments after upgrading.

However the reverse is not true – a 1.0 template will not work with 0.9 – it breaks a great deal of backward compatibility.

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

When I switched to 1.0 the problems I remember were mostly on the administration side of things.

deleting tags with the little x in threads broke – there was a new function that pulled in all the moderator functions.

Moving topics to a different forum code.

From a users point of view their username linking to their website.

There may have been a few more…

all these were easily fixed by comparing with the kakumei theme that came in 1.0.

tomdebruin; i have just posted a problem about adding and deleting tags. i am using the alpha. do you have a link for the adjustments i need to make so i can delete tags in 1.0?

deadlyhifi
    Participant

@tomdebruin

in topic.php in your theme folder use

<?php bb_topic_admin(); ?> instead of the ‘<?php topic_delete_link(); ?> <?php topic_close_link(); ?> <?php topic_sticky_link(); ?>

<?php topic_move_dropdown(); ?>’ (line 55)

Come to think of it I may have updated a core file.

and topic-tags.php becomes

<div id="topic-tags">
    <p><?php _e('Tags:'); ?></p>

<?php if ( bb_get_topic_tags() ) : ?>

<?php bb_list_tags(); ?>

<?php else : ?>

<p><?php printf(__('No <a href="%s">tags</a> yet.'), bb_get_tag_page_link() ); ?></p>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php tag_form(); ?>

</div>

(just replace the entire page)

This does break the improvements I suggested in https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/list-all-tags#post-23142 though. Although I have edited the core files (which is not encouraged) to bring back the functionality of showing who posted a tag to moderators.

thanks a lot for taking the time to post that. works great. i’ll work on the function changes next.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar