Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

the user changes his password

• It wanted to know if plugin exists some to allow that the user changes his password

Quisiera saber si existe algun plugin para permitir que el usuario cambie su password?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • No plugin needed. Get the user to login, go to their profile, click edit, and scroll down to the bottom to enter new password and then click update profile. They can also try ‘forgot password’ link to get a new password sent to them if they can’t remember it and then change it using steps indicated above!

Trent

thanks!

Internal Server Error

the following error appears in screen when pressing to update

“The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.”

That is a 500 error? Do you have permalinks set to true in your config.php?

Trent

It is possible that you are using a corrupted spanish mo file. I read somewhere in these forums there was a problem with an “old” spanish translation (the problem appeas when trying to get to the profile). Try the translation I’ve just published to see if it solves the problem:

bbPress spanish translation for 0.74.

… I’ve noticed that while logging in as the Key Master user, you can’t change people’s password for them.

Also, the bb-reset-password.php file doesn’t actually seem to do anything bar echo the message that should appear after the user asks to reset their password:

“Password Reset

An email has been sent to the address we have on file for you. If you don’t get anything with a few minutes, or your email has changed, you may want to get in touch with the webmaster or forum administrator here.”

Considering this, is there any way for me to reset the password for a user who’s forgotten theirs?

Just send them to the forgot password link right now I am afraid, or do it for them and tell them to check their email for the new password that is sent to them.

Trent

Ah… is there a ‘forgot password’ link bar bb-reset-password.php?

Just try logging in one time with their username with the wrong password and the links to recover password comes up. There is no ‘hard code page’ that I am aware of. That file is called off login page and has to pass the username to it ahead of time, so calling it directly won’t work.

Trent

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar