Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tags not found

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

One of my viewers emailed me that I have a problem with my tags. My tags appear on the main page. When the mouse hovers, it shows the number of topics, but when it is clicked on, it goes to page not found.

I know when I first installed with version 71 it worked. But I haven’t tested it as I moved up in versions. I am on version. 75.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Trent,

The Apache configuration hasn’t actually changed. Where are the mod_rewrite rules, if not in the Apache config? My htaccess hasn’t changed either. Remember, I am still working with version 75 in my other forum, where permalinks stopped working.

Trent Adams

@trent

If you changed from 1.3 to 2.2 in Apache and it worked before the upgrade, it must have something in there that it doesn’t like with the Mod Rewrite handling. I am not sure myself, but I would change my .htaccess in the bbPress root folder of http://www.canadianbookclubs.com/forums/ to have only:

Options +MultiViews

Nothing else. Try it in that and in your http://www.canadianbookclubs.com/bkrv/ test run with the new version as well. Either way, it should work for one of them. That works best with most servers I have used and they are using Apache 2+. Try that out maybe and if not, take Fel64’s suggestion and put the contents of what is outputted by: /bb-admin/rewrite-rules.php

Trent

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I tried with only

Options +MultiViews

and then

$bb->mod_rewrite = true;

on both versions.

I still have 404 problems.

I have tried to get the output for /bb-admin/rewrite-rules.php

But I must not be doing it right because it flips to my main forum page, gives me no output.

Trent Adams

@trent

Hmm…..kind of at a loss here. Anyone else got a suggestion?

Trent

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Okay, I got the output. Copied and pasted under

Options +MultiViews

changed to

$bb->mod_rewrite = true;

still 404. So I reverted back.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I think I figured it out. In my htaccess file, I had kept in the

Options +MultiViews

while adding the output from

/bb-admin/rewrite-rules.php

So if I only had the rewrite-rules.php in the htaccess and nothing else, then the permalinks work.

Finally! Thanks for all your help Trent, and fel64. I wonder what it is with the new apache version???? Oh, well, that is far above my head.

Trent Adams

@trent

I was wondering if it was something like that since we knew we were close! Glad to hear that you got it working!

Trent

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar