Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Subforums of needed forum

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Subforums are built in. Can you please explain more what you’re trying to do?

http://chrishajer.com/bbpress/kakumei.png

I have:

Forum 1

Subforum 1.1

Subforum 1.2

Subforum 1.3

Forum 2

Subforum 2.1

Subforum 2.2

Subforum 2.3

Forum 3

Subforum 3.1

Subforum 3.2

Subforum 3.3

And i need just:

Subforum 2.1

Subforum 2.2

Subforum 2.3

On front page

Help me, plz

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I’m afraid I still don’t understand what you’re trying to do. You will have those other forums and sub forums, but they won’t be listed on the front page? What is the rationale? Maybe a plugin already exists to do what you want.

Maybe the Hidden Forums plugin will help you.

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/hidden-forums/

If the forums are not listed on the front page, how will you get to them otherwise? And if you can’t get to them, why are they there?

Ok, how can I make that:

main page

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

That screenshot is nothing like what you described earlier. What exactly are you trying to do? Do you want it like the screenshot with parent and child forums just laid out in different areas on the front page?

Do you want it like the screenshot with parent and child forums just laid out in different areas on the front page?

Yes

In order to accomplish what you want, with the positions of different forums laid out differently you are going to have to modify your front-page template file pretty heavily.

You’ll want to modify the ‘<?php if ( bb_forums() ) : ?>’ section so that it positions each forum in a different area of your page as it goes through the loop. It will likely get pretty tricky as you try to get the subforums underneath the parent forums since they may or may not be in that order in the loop.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar