Strange redirections and 404’s after wp integration
I searched through the forums and wasn’t able to find anything quite like what I’m getting, so I figured I’d post.
I just did a fresh install of the latest versions of wordpress and bbpress over the past few days. I installed and tested several plugins for wordpress and started doing some minor css updates, and exported/imported my blog posts from my old server to the new server – but haven’t done much with bbpress except to integrate with wordpress.
I have PHP 5.2.5, MySQL 4.1.22, and Linux on a shared server. Everything’s on the same domain (well, an IP address until I get things situated on my new server) and there are no subdomains involved. WordPress uses the root www folder, and bbress uses www/forum/. WordPress and bbpress have separate databases, but all the secret keys, etc. are all setup to match and everything is configured per the install instructions.
It took several attempts to get bbpress installed because it was giving me an database error at the last step stating that I may need to do a fresh install – even though it *was* a fresh install. After several attempts, I decided to try it without the wordpress integration, and that seemed to do the trick. I had assumed that everything was ok after that and it was just a minor hiccup during the installation…?
All that said…
– Login/logout works for each user so far.
– Registration works.
– When I’m signed in as “Admin” I can get to the Admin panel.
– when I try to view the “Admin” account profile, I get a wordpress 404 at www/forum/profile/admin.
– Clicking on any topics or forums (I believe I created them before the integration?) even a view of topics with no replies I get the same 404.
– On the other hand, when logged in as my other user account “elorg” and trying to view that account’s profile page, it redirects me to a wordpress blog entry… that happens to have “elorg” as the first few characters in the subject…?
– And… When creating a new thread titled “test” as my “Admin” account – I was able to post it, but was redirected to… a wordpress entry who’s subject starts with “test” as the first few characters…? That can’t be a coincidence, right? So…
– I logged in as my “elorg” account for good measure, and created a new thread with a one word subject that I know I have a blog post
– When going back to the forum and attempting to open any of the new threads, it forwards me to the same journal entries as it did when I tried to create the threads.
Any ideas? At this point, I might just try to start from scratch and see what happens…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.