Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Strange Permalink and Post Count Behavior

• citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

I have Theme Switcher plugin installed, and recently installed the new bbPM plugin. Each plugin works fine, until they had to play together… I switched a theme on the PM page and it looked as though Theme Switcher was imposing pretty permalinks, causing bbPM to break.

What the heck, I thought, I’ll try pretty permalinks. I changed my settings, added the .htaccess file and all hell broke loose. The number of posts per page in a topic changed, and it was impossible to navigate multi-page threads (in a forum like mine, where friends hang out and chat, this is a big problem). For example, the thread correctly displayed 27 pages (30 posts per page), but when you went to page 10-27, no posts appeared. Turns out they were all grouped in the first 10 pages with tons of posts per page.

I switched back to regular permalinks, deleted my .htaccess file, but the problem persisted. I tried Recounting everything, and got this error for every recount:

Database error: [Query was empty]

Caller: [unavailable]

I finally turned off _ck_’s “Change Number of Front Page Topics” plugin (which I don’t think is an official plugin), and finally everything went back to normal. But I still can’t recount, and I still can’t use “Change Number of Front Page Topics” which I’ve been using without a problem for at least a year.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this one?

I’m running RC1 on Media Temple’s Grid Service. Recently switched over to Media Temple after using Dream Host for about a year.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar