Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

standalone bbPress without WordPress

• boki_
    Participant

@boki_

Hello. I’ve just switched from wampserver to ampps by softaculous, because it’s python/perl default integration, and I’ve also noticed their script installer. And there is WordPress in CMS/blog scripts, and also bbPress in forum scripts. I was curious, and I’ve installed bbpress, and this isn’t a wordpress with bbpress plugin already installed, but it’s only bbpress, standalone, strict forum without pages, posts, everything that wordpress has, but only with very similar to wordpress file structure and dashboard. But here it can be only downloadable as a plugin, and I’ve also see this nowhere yet… Is this maybe a softaculous’ “version”, that they integrated a plugin in wp engine, so that plugin can run? It’s very interesting thing, but it’s limited extendability bothers me, you can’t install new themes or plugins.

I’m now confused with this “standalone” bbpress, anyone knows more about this?

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• adrake9
    Participant

@adrake9

https://bbpress.org/download/legacy/ – has info on older versions

Its probably 1.2 which i think is that last standalone version. bbpress is much better if its running inside of wordpress, it eliminates issues with members.

I would install WordPress and then activate bbPress through the plugin version.

boki_
    Participant

@boki_

Exactly, it’s 1.2 version… Sorry, I’m a bit new to wp & related so I don’t know the history…

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar