Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

simple way to add TinyMCE to BBpress

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• drmike

@drmike

Do a search for ‘strike’ as we discussed the method to add in extra tags a few weeks ago.

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

hmmm… Doesn’t seem to work. Any ideas?

http://www.citizenkeith.com/forums/

Null

@null

What’s up with that tinymc… it’s crap really… don’t understand why wordpress uses it either, there are way better ones out there…. :D

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

I fixed mine… just had the code pasted incorrectly. But I didn’t like it… seems to slow the site down quite a bit. I’ll wait for a better solution.

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

Null,

Poo poo on TinyMCE but dont offer any other solutions, why don’t you. How about some links to the other better ones?

Like fckEditor…

But to be honest, these scripts are too big for bbPress. bbPress only supports a blockquote br code em strong ul ol li and not colors, images, tables, font types etc.

I am thinking of writing a wysiwyg editor that only supports these standard markups and when an extention/plugin is installed (smilies, images) it will support these too. And it will be skinable ofcourse to match the theme installed.

But I am a busy man, so this will not happen anytime soon :(

AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

Thanks. Yeah I hear where you’re coming from, TinyMCE slows my site down a bit and im having trouble with blockquotes, but you can slim it down and make it tiny, so i’ll stick with it for now… ive already started copying over all my emotions into it :)

Tried adding the TinyMCE to bbpress and it didn’t work. Asked a guy who knows more about this than I do, and he couldn’t get it to work either. Browsing for an answer, its suggested

• a javascript conflict with a plugin
    • , or template.

I’m using the latest version of WordPress in case there is a conflict there. (Windows hosting)

Since my last post (panic?) I realised my mistake. It works OK now. Problem is the ‘guy who knows more than me’ is beginning to worry me now hmmm.

How did you make it work?

fel64 wrote: How did you make it work?

Its easy to install really. You have the main tinymce folder which I opened and uploaded the contents to the ‘my-plugins’ folder. This is the mistake I made.

• Just upload the jscript folder within the tinymce folder to my-plugins
    • Edit header.php in your bbpress template, adding the reference to the javascript

This is part of the code which I copied, which you put before the </head> closing tag in header.php.

<script language=”javascript” type=”text/javascript” src=”http://example.com/bbpress/my-plugins/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js”></script&gt;

Change to:

<script language=”javascript” type=”text/javascript” src=”my-plugins/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js”></script>

The FULL code you put in header php is the top of the page, but this bit is important.

hello, i have do that, and i have the buttons at the bottom of the textarea :/

So, how to habe the buttons in top?

And the code producted is <p>TEST</p> , how to fix that?

bye,

and i think it is great if the tinymce is integrated in bbpress, like an option for example :)

kunia

@joannyjb

Hello, I have the same probleme as csseur3. When I publish content with TinyMCE, markers re encoding like text and not as html…

The code produced is <p><b>exemple</b></p>

How can we fix that?

Thanks 4 help !

kunia

@joannyjb

Sorry 4 the question! This probleme has been resolved @ :

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/paragraph-tag-after-tinymce#post-15876

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar