Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Should bbPress work 'out of the box' with my theme?

• I’ve briefly skipped through bbPress documentation and I get the general impression that everything’s supposed to be hunky dory from the get go in relation to forums working on any theme at all. Have I picked up correctly or am I just thinking optimistically?

You see, the thing is, that it doesn’t seem to be the case for me. When I try to create a new forum, the site brings me to an error:

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function bbp_get_forum_parent() in /home/content/64/9433864/html/wp-content/themes/origin/library/extensions/breadcrumb-trail.php on line 450

Is this because I’m being stupid in thinking bbPress works with any theme or is there genuinely a problem with my theme?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • bbPRess will work with ‘most’ themes though it would appear that both bbPress and the ‘Origin’ theme are having conflicts with the ‘breadcrumbs’.

Can you contact the theme author to have a look at resolving the conflict with the theme for bbPress?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

That’s annoying. Replace that call with bbp_get_forum_parent_id().

missharvey
    Participant

@missharvey

hello,

i get the same problem with my theme: Fatal error: Call to undefined function bbp_get_forum_parent() in /homepages/15/d283273997/htdocs/womanation/wp-content/themes/localnews/functions/breadcrumb-trail.php on line 261

i did not understand how to fix it from what you said John James, is there anything I can do?

Daniel Lemes
    Participant

@daniel_iceman

If there is anybody interested, i had the same problem with Origin. To solve, i edited the file breadcrumb-trail.php (bad idea, but i’m not using a child theme but a completely modified version of Origin). So, on line 450, we had before:

/* Get the queried forum ID and its parent forum ID. */
    $forum_id = get_queried_object_id();
    $forum_parent_id = bbp_get_forum_parent( $forum_id );

And now, working fine (exactly as John said here):

/* Get the queried forum ID and its parent forum ID.  */
    $forum_id = get_queried_object_id();
    $forum_parent_id = bbp_get_forum_parent_id( $forum_id );

Hope it helps.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar