Categories
Search
Bottom

Search in WordPress/bbPress

• JamesWagner
    Participant

@jameswagner

Greetings –

A very green WordPress user, here, who still has a LOT to learn. One thing I do need to learn is about the Search function. Installation: bbPress 2.1.2, Responsive Theme, WordPress 1.7.7.

When I enter a search term in the search box on any forum page, it finds nothing in the forum, even though there are entries with exactly the same tag as the search term. But it finds multiple entries on the rest of the site.

At the very least, search needs to find entries in both the forum and the site, generally. Preferably, to reduce response clutter, it would be nice to have searches originating on a forum page return results only from the forum. Or, even better, would be a selector that says “search in:” documentation, application notes, blog, wiki, forum, or site as a whole.

Can someone suggest any strategies to get a search that at least works in the forum?

Many thanks
    Jim Wagner
    Oregon Research Electronics

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• JamesWagner
    Participant

@jameswagner

By the way, those comments about ways to manage searches are more of a wishful hope. The real issue is getting searches that include the forum. At this point, I am assuming that it is a configuration issue, rather than capability that needs another plugin.

Thanks for your help….
    Jim Wagner

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar