Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

{Request plugin:} auto complete tags

• every one knows that tags are important but we know that writing tags for users are not easy sometimes so we need auto complete tags features

to show and suggest tags when user type letters it would be 4 advantages

1) fast taginig

2) user friendly gui

3) saving user time

4) waiting for number 4.. no more finished :P

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • This is the request forum but I think that feature suggestions on http://trac.bbpress.org are more likely to be seen, so I recommend making your pitch there.

oh ok i will go and write it there

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

The terminology here is too close to “auto-close tags” which refers to the bug in bbpress where it’s not closing markup automatically (try posting < strong > here without a closing tag and you’ll see)

What you mean is auto-suggest tags (which I wish were called categories but the blogophere does love it’s crazy little terminology).

The features you ask for are way outside the core and would obviously have to be a plugin (but don’t look at me, I disable tags on my forums).

Auto closing formatting is being worked on by mdawaffe now I believe.

Trent

You could take a look at the Simple Tagging plugin for WP. It has auto-complete and suggestion inside the Write Post form.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Auto closing formatting is being worked on by mdawaffe now I believe.

It’s a single boolean bug (true/false) so I should hope it doesn’t take too long ;-)

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

This is fixed in the latest trunk. I believe, the WordPress tag closing function has been moved across to bbPress.

hummm i am listeing to good news :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar