Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

request: choose language

• Boris

@travel-junkie

hey,

what i would like is a plugin that could figure out the language of the user and adjust it acordingly. then the user could override this by being able to choose which language the forum should be in.

i know i can’t do this, but maybe someone else out there can?!

cheers, b

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Have you looked at the WP translation plugin? I think that could be altered to do something for bbPress. I haven’t looked at it, but it should be pretty simple to integrate.

Trent

Boris

@travel-junkie

hey trent,

thanks for your reply. i suppose you mean this plugin? it’s the only one i could find with a name close enough to ‘WP translation plugin’.

but what this plugin does is translate the posts for you and i basically only want the forum stuff to be translated, not the topics.

I would imagine the easiest would be to have a plugin that allows people to pick in a dropdown box the different language files that are here at bbPress, don’t you think? Almost like a CSS picker, it would then just change the language file that is taken out of the config.php? I am sure there is someone here who would have an idea how to get that done.

As well, maybe this plugin for WP has a place to start if nothing else?

http://fredfred.net/skriker/index.php/polyglot

Trent

Boris

@travel-junkie

yeah, i’m using polyglot for my wp blog. now, having something like this for bbpress would be just awesome. users being able to post in different languages. but maybe that’s wanting a bit too much right now.

i had a look at the code aready, but it’s just too complicated for me. all this php code…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar