Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

removing ‘unresolved’

• Nola1974
    Participant

@nolageek

I don’t see why 98% of forums out there would need ‘resolved’ or ‘unresolved’ posts.

I tried commenting it out of my view.php but they were still there. How do I get rid of that?

Kind of thinking a little inside-out.. why would this be necessary for the core? Why would joe-blow-forum-setter-upper need this for say, a gardening site?

I’m trying to get other views, but I dont understand the syntax:

I’m thinking of the following views:

Posts by you.

Replies to your posts.

just ideas…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AphelionZ
    Participant

@aphelionz

Three types of forums:

Kind of Active

Very Active

Way too Active

View posts since last visit is how users in most “Very Active” forums keep track of what’s going on, as well as the moderators, so it should be available.

(Compare this to kind of active forums where you can immediately tell what’s changed, and way too active forums where users usually search out/discover and ‘subscribe’ to their favorite threads in the sea of threads.

This will also help people in the transition from an older forum solution like phpBB.

The links you mentioned also still be useful for moderators, especially “posts with no tags.” if they want to go in and clean up after the users. Perhaps resolved/unresolved/not a support question should just be made extensible so users can pick whatever they want to put there, or choose not to use it at all.

PS- If you comment those links out of your front-page.php that should solve a lot of your immediate problems.

firstboyborninspace

@firstboyborninspace

a little editting of bb-templates/topic.php and unresolved goes away

Nola1974
    Participant

@nolageek

But I don’t see the purpose of having it there in the first place. How many real-application people are going to be using the forums for ‘support’? Especially since it required hard coding to remove.

The thinking is very inside-out.

firstboyborninspace

@firstboyborninspace

i agree completely, but right now its still an early release. so they are still learning what users want.

anyways back to ripping bbforum apart to suit my needs.

bleupixelcie
    Participant

@bleupixelcie

I think that a Unresolved post will drive more trafic and help to the guy that has a problem !
    If there no ‘flag’ less persons would go there !

Scott

Creation site web Grenoble
    Psychologue Grenoble
    beard website

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar