Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove subforums on front page, make subforum index page

• Yukon Cornelius
    Participant

@jimmmy

Hi,

I know there are lots of topics out there that are similar, but I can’t find an answer that works for me. Much of the paste bin code is expired, and I have a custom theme which i think is complicating things.

So right now I my front page displays a list of all the forums. I want it to stay that way when i add child forums, and I want to click on the parent forums to go to a list of subforums/child forums.

Instead of this, the children just get added to the end of the list.

<?php if ( bb_forums("depth=1") ) : ?>
    <div id="forum-main">

<?php while ( bb_forum() ) : ?>

<div<?php bb_forum_class('bb-category'); ?>>
    <?php bb_forum_pad( '<div class="nest">' ); ?><a href="<?php forum_link(); ?>"><?php forum_name(); ?></a><?php forum_description( array( 'before' => '<small>', 'after' => '</small>' ) ); ?><?php bb_forum_pad( '</div>' ); ?>

<span class="forum-icon"></span>
    </div>
    <?php endwhile; ?>
    </div>

You can view the forum here: http://totallyadd.com/forum

The last category ‘Ritalin’ is suposed to be a child of ‘medication’.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Jimmmy

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Yukon Cornelius
    Participant

@jimmmy

Well, I’m not having much luck. I’ve removed the “depth=1” which now puts the children in a list below the parent.

That also seems to bring back the child class ‘bb-child’, so I’m able to indent the children so the list is at least readable. But most of my child / sub category lists are so long it is just a mess.

See here: http://totallyadd.com/forum

All I want to do is have a list of parent categories on the front page. When I click on a parent category, I should go to the list of children for that category. When I click on a child category, I should go through to the topics. That’s all.

Can anyone point me towards the very basic steps I need to take to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Jimmmy

Yukon Cornelius
    Participant

@jimmmy

Well, I’m not having much luck. I’ve removed the “depth=1” which now puts the children in a list below the parent.

That also seems to bring back the child class ‘bb-child’, so I’m able to indent the children so the list is at least readable. But most of my child / sub category lists are so long it is just a mess.

See here: http://totallyadd.com/forum

All I want to do is have a list of parent categories on the front page. When I click on a parent category, I should go to the list of children for that category. When I click on a child category, I should go through to the topics. That’s all.

Can anyone point me towards the very basic steps I need to take to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Jimmmy

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar