Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove Create New Topic Form after Forum

• DNBrawler
    Participant

@dnbrawler

Hi, i’m new, obviously, and I want to say that bbpress is a wonderful forum software for WordPress.

I have edited my own share of bbpress files; removing the topic tag system, multiple site notices, and several other aspects.

I have ran into a problem, I simply can’t remove the topic-form that is shadowing my main forums. My only intention is having the topic form in a completely seperate page so that way users can click a Create New Topic button and the hyperlink will guide them. I tried to go into all the single-form php files in my theme folder with no avail. Can anyone point me to the right php file, so I can remove this.

Thank you very much

I also intend on removing the “Voices”, if someone can point that out too–that’d be great, would save me some time.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• markthedoc1
    Participant

@markthedoc1

I’d also like to know how to remove the ‘create new topic’ form if anyone can help out please?’

kevinp93
    Participant

@kevinp93

I’d like that too 🙂 Ideally I’d have a separate button to do this 🙂 anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

aidecms
    Participant

@aidecms

+1

lwyndham
    Participant

@lwyndham

+1

lwyndham
    Participant

@lwyndham

+ 1 from me!

Would love the flexibility to have the option to do show a forum (i.e. it’s topics) with and without the ‘create a new topic’ form.

peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

I did not like the form under the topics and forums, but could not find a way to link them to a new page, just like most here who have been trying for years.

As an alternative I have added a button with an animate function that changes the height of the form from 0px to 400px when clicked, like an accordion function.

Not as good as a separate page but already a lot nicer.

P.H.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar