Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Registration confirmation, profile page in current theme style

• wolfie-79
    Participant

@wolfie-79

Now when someone registers the plugin will direct to the wp-login form which is insanely illogical. A user can’t sign up front end, and then be taken to the back end. It’s just plain silly.

Also, how do they edit their profile? Deleting it, changing password and so on.

Anyone got any help on this?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• rsanchez1
    Participant

@rsanchez1

There’s a couple of filters that could be useful for you:

bbp_user_register_redirect_to
    bbp_user_lost_password_redirect_to

These pass a URL to the filter callback that is where bbPress will redirect users after they register or use the lost password form. You simply return whatever URL you want it to redirect users to instead and that URL will be where users are taken. In my case, I send them back to the forum home using bbp_get_forums_url().

For editing their profile, the templates provided in the bbPress plugin directory can help. Look in bbp-themes/ or bbp-theme-compat/extras/ for single-user-edit.

thesnowjunkies
    Participant

@thesnowjunkies

Hello! I am very new to filters. Anyway you could post some samples of bbp_user_register_redirect_to and reidrecting them to bbp_get_forums_url() ?

rsanchez1
    Participant

@rsanchez1

add_filter('bbp_user_register_redirect_to', 'my_custom_redirect_function');
    function my_custom_redirect_function($redirect_url) {
    $forums_url = bbp_get_forums_url();
    return $forums_url;
    }

A filter is basically what it sounds: it passes the callback function a parameter, then you filter that parameter. Often, you do processing on the parameter and then return it, but in the code I posted, I’m ignoring the URL sent to the filter callback and returning the forums url.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar