Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Redirect problem

• JaneLitte

@janelitte

I’ve set up a new forum and I when I add “replies” it redirects and gives an error message:

You need to actually submit some content!

But the post actually goes through. Thoughts?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I registered and received my email, but I can’t log in, no message, it just refreshes the page. I would say it has something to do with the rewrite rules. I would turn off slugs or permalinks in your bb-config.php.

I just looked in my bb-config-sample.php though, and there is no mod_rewrite line in there? Weird. Not sure how to tell you to turn off pretty permalinks, but I suspect that’s the problem. That, or something in an .htaccess file that is causing weirdness.

JaneLitte

@janelitte

I don’t have pretty permalinks on. I don’t have an .htaccess file in the bbpress install. My root .htaccess is this

php_flag register_globals off

RewriteRule ^([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{1,2})/([0-9]{1,2})/([^/]+)/print/?$ /wp-print.php?year=$1&monthnum=$2&day=$3&name=$4 [QSA,L]

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !^.*comment_author_.*$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !^.*wordpressuser.*$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !^.*wp-postpass_.*$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Encoding} gzip
    RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/wordpress/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{HTTP_HOST}/$1index.html.gz -f
    RewriteRule ^(.*) /wordpress/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{HTTP_HOST}/$1index.html.gz [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !^.*comment_author_.*$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !^.*wordpressuser.*$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !^.*wp-postpass_.*$
    RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/wp-content/cache/supercache/%{HTTP_HOST}/$1index.html -f
    RewriteRule ^(.*) /wp-content/cache/supercache/%{HTTP_HOST}/$1index.html [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

<Files 403.shtml>
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
    </Files>
    #AddHandler php5-script .php

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Right, I see that you don’t have permalinks on.

Do you have access to server logs where you can see what is happening with those requests? At the very least, I should be able to log in. That makes two problems (yours and this logging in one.)

Also, what does that first rewrite rule do? Just curious, I’ve never seen it before.

How about caching? Is it possible WordPress caching is causing your trouble?

ive got the same problem, i cant post links, because “You need to actually submit some content!”

wtf?!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Shagalaga, what version of bbPress are you using, and what is the server setup? LAMP or other?

What sort of content were you actually trying to post? Can you try to post it here?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar