Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Question for SamBauers about the menu generator function

• Heya Sam,

Since you came up with the following function, I think you can help me answer a question about it.

The function:

add_action( 'bb_admin_menu_generator', 'myplugin_add_admin_page' );

function myplugin_add_admin_page() {
    bb_admin_add_menu(__('My plugin'), 'use_keys', 'myplugin');
    bb_admin_add_submenu(__('My plugin sub menu item one'), 'use_keys', 'myplugin', 'myplugin');
    bb_admin_add_submenu(__('My plugin sub menu item two'), 'use_keys', 'myplugin_two', 'myplugin');
    }

This works, it will add 2 submenu’s to my new menu, but how to show up things like forms under each tab?

Let’s say I have submenu tab1 and tab2. Under tab1 I want to show form X and use some functions. Under tab2 I want to show form Z and again have some functions their to use the form etc. But how do I declare where it will show what? How do I get stuff under tab1 and how under tab2?

Do you understand what I mean? Can you give me an excample too?

Many thanks

ps. anyone can answer ofcourse :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

From what you have it is pretty easy.

Just create two functions that contain the content you want displayed, they need to be named after the third variable in the sub menu function:

... your code ...

function myplugin()
    {
    echo 'hello admin';
    }

function myplugin_two()
    {
    echo 'hello again admin';
    }

Intercepting post data is another matter though. Then you need to add an action to “bb_admin_head” I think.

Check out my existing LDAP authentication plugin for some decent example code.

Hi,

Thanks, so the LDAP also uses more subtabs with different functions/forms in it?

I’ll take a look at it then. If I have more questions about it, I’ll post them here

Thanks for your time

Greetings

ps: is it also possible to name all the functions you want on tab1 to put them in the menu generator function?

Like:

bb_admin_add_submenu(__('My plugin sub menu item one'), 'use_keys', 'myfunctionname1', 'myfunctionname2','myfunctionname3','myplugin');

Or put all functions in 1 parent function like:

bb_admin_add_submenu(__('My plugin sub menu item one'), 'use_keys', 'myplugin1', 'myplugin');

Function name: myplugin1

this function contains 3 other functions

end function: myplugin1

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

I think the answer to all your questions is no. : )

I only pointed to the LDAP plugin for an example of processing a form in the admin area.

If you want to re-use the same function for all admin pages then you have to create functions that call the main function. E.g.

add_action( 'bb_admin_menu_generator', 'myplugin_add_admin_page' );

function myplugin_add_admin_page() {
    bb_admin_add_menu(__('My plugin'), 'use_keys', 'myplugin');
    bb_admin_add_submenu(__('My plugin sub menu item one'), 'use_keys', 'myplugin_one', 'myplugin');
    bb_admin_add_submenu(__('My plugin sub menu item two'), 'use_keys', 'myplugin_two', 'myplugin');
    }

function myplugin_base($number)
    {
    echo 'hello admin ' . $number;
    }

function myplugin_one()
    {
    myplugin_base('one');
    }

function myplugin_two()
    {
    myplugin_base('two');
    }

I think that’s what you are asking anyway.

Okay

function myplugin_one()
    {
    myplugin_base('one');
    }

Will appear under tab1

function myplugin_two()
    {
    myplugin_base('two');
    }

Will appear under tab2

Now I have another function (let’s call it function also_tab2() )I want under tab2, how do I get it in tab2? Sorry I just don’t see it :)

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

I’m not sure I understand your question exactly…

Any function you declare in a plugin is callable from anywhere else in that plugin. So…

function myplugin_two()
    {
    myplugin_base('two');

echo '<br />Some more text<br />';

also_tab2();
    }

etc.. etc..

I think I have figured it out, thanks.

But 1 more thing. What if I have 2 forms:

function myplugin_two() {
    plugin_form1();
    }

and

function ????_???() {
    plugin_form2();
    }

myplugin_two is the function that goes under tab 2. It now shows form1, but how can I let it show form2 also under tab 1?.I’ve enterd ???? now cause we can’t have 2 funtions with the same name.

…………. omg never mind…. I see it now. You can call both forms in the first function and just position them using html and stuff.

Okay thanks again, this problem is solved!

_Null

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar