Properly removing WP-bbPress integration
Good day all,
I realize that this sounds like an unusual question, but are there any special instructions for properly removing integration between WordPress and bbPress?
I just upgraded to WordPress 2.6, which broke cookie sync with bbPress leaving me with a semi-crippled integration. When I was using WordPress 2.5.1 the login integration worked like a charm thanks to bbPress 0.9.0.2’s easier integration with WordPress. However, I have other reasons for wanting to remove bbPress for the time being.
Here is what my approach would be like:
0. Backup my entire web space (<100MB) and databases (<2MB).
1. Disable all bbPress plugins.
2. Delete the bbPress installation (resides in /forum on my web space).
3. Manually remove the bb_ tables from the shared WordPress-bbPress database.
I am worried about #3 and if it is safe to do. What are your recommendations? Thanks for your help!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.