Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Private and hidden forums (solution)

• Ok, so my problem has been restricting a certain role to read private forums. No matter what I did the topics in the private forum weren´t visible.

This was fixed as soon as I added the read_hidden_forums() capability. I assume that is not normal since the forums are set to <i>private</i> and not <i>hidden</i>.

Anyway, thought I´d share that with the rest.

Great plugin :-)

B

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Can you elaborate a little bit more? You’re saying that even by giving them ‘read_private_forums’ they were still not able to view private forums?

To put it another way, the caps aren’t matching up to the forum type?

Correct. Only admins could read the private forums.

Adam

@adam_wordpress

why would you want this? use buddy press to create groups and set one to private. Forums should be open and transparent.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Staff forums, moderator forums, or maybe you want a plugin to create caps on the fly per-forum like BuddyPress. Lot’s of reasons why.

Adam

@adam_wordpress

I suppose. I just think forums should be open and transparent.

Transparency is one of the reasons why we’re here.

RichardWantsToKnow
    Participant

@richardwantstoknow

Not all forums should be open and transparent. What if you want a forum to discuss something like a medical condition and need to provide personal data. That personal data is protected by HIIPA. Or, if you are wanting a communication forum for a patent-pending product? Or, an internal intranet use?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar