Categories
Search
Bottom

post import topic/reply user assignment fixes

• pixelnated
    Participant

@pixelnated

Hello,
    My import from vanilla has been running for about 3 days (old forums with lots of posts) and I also imported users. Lots of stops and starts (SO GLAD it picks right back up). The one issue I can see as I peek at what has been loaded is that the users are not being assigned correctly to the posts. Since it has taken so long I have zero interest in trying to start the process over (it is currently 43k replies out of 150k in) so I am planning on attempting to remap them myself via mysql. I am very comfortable doing to sql using the vanilla db as an xref to the new users IDs (I do oracle development for my 9-5) but just wanted to see if there were any gotchas I should look into.
    These will first be tested on copies of the tables of course or maybe even mapped through views to test but outside of the post_types of ‘topic’ and ‘reply’, is there anything else I’ll need to look at or think of?

Thanks & wish me luck!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

The one issue I can see as I peek at what has been loaded is that the users are not being assigned correctly to the posts. Since it has taken so long I have zero interest in trying to start the process over (it is currently 43k replies out of 150k in)

Until you run the ‘repair tools’ AFTER the import has finished if you go ‘peeking’ you will see all kinds of counts and mismatches that are far from correct.

pixelnated
    Participant

@pixelnated

I will be THRILLED beyond belief if that fixes it!

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Cool… This is of course as long as you did include your users in the import 😛 Luck 🙂

pixelnated
    Participant

@pixelnated

Thanks Stephen I did 🙂

The import stalled then said it was done but was still missing a most of the replies so I decided to kick it back off from the top. I think I finally have a good mix on the rows to process/delay time so I’m hoping it will go at a faster pace this round.

draftcalc
    Participant

@draftcalc

Hello, I apologize if this is addressed elsewhere, but doing a quick couple searches, I was unable to find a concerete way to convert my Vanilla Forums over to bbPress… pixelnated, what did you use to convert? I’m nervous about converting, any suggestions?

bbPress includes a Vanilla Forums importer

The basic instructions are here https://codex.bbpress.org/import-forums/

And specific info for Vanilla here https://codex.bbpress.org/import-forums/vanilla/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar